Tuesday 8 September 2009

Clever title

Oh, it has been roughly 6 years since I last posted, but a lot has been going on, ok.

Three more members of this family (bringing the total to 100% in case you are not counting) have since had the sickness mentioned in the last post. Enough said about that.

We've also been able to:
  • meet the teacher and get the new homework instructions, the swine flu instructions, the after-school activities sign up list, the school transportation permission slip, and a seemingly unending list of things we need to remember on any given school night
  • ride ponies at the nursery party
  • find the new gymnastics class (Anna took part in the class, my job was to get us all there, in one piece, without swearing too much). (I think I'd give myself a C minus, but A for effort.)
  • fix the freezer (ongoing)
  • do some work that actually pays (I had a meeting with a customer for a change; this required wardrobe overhaul and the work is also ongoing...)

And I've been rather stuck. Stuck with the same things on my To Do list. Stuck with the same concerns whirring round my head. Stuck with half-written blog posts. Stuck with all the repetitive things of everyday life that just have to be done.

None of it is very interesting. And it doesn't make for good writing.

I'm expecting that burst of energy and flash of inspiration any time now.

2 comments:

  1. Helo you, wondered where you were. I'm 'stuck' too. I have things on my to do list which are embarrassingly ancient. I might have to blog them actually in an effort to shame myself in to doing them rather than fretting about not having done them. ARGHHHH

    sorry you've all been sick though, that's rough. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    So pleased (!) to hear that you're all suffering from post-summer lack of creativity. I have no thoughts in my head at all. It's literally empty. Maybe it's a cool new disease - a sort of autumn blog syndrome. How terribly modern. Nx

    ReplyDelete