Wednesday 5 August 2009

Old and missing

My (very nice, young) physiotherapist had a busy holiday from work, he told me. Visiting friends and family all over the country with his girlfriend. Then a week in Norway. Then a 30th birthday to celebrate.

Oh, congratulations, I said.

No, not my birthday, a friend's. Actually, I have a few years yet before I reach 30, he said.

Oh, that must be nice, I said.
So, I am old. And people born in 1983 have driving licences, and careers, and maybe even mortgages.

Thank goodness Anna is home tomorrow. I am baking welcome home cakes and preparing favourite dinners for her to celebrate. It feels like she has been gone for months. And I think she has missed us just a bit too. Aksel and I agreed that we are not letting her do this again until she is 35 at least.

Samuel is still missing Anna. But he also missed his nap today. Anyone know what that was that all about? I got more and more cross while he chuckled and laughed and thought it was totally hilarious to Not Nap. I rely on that 1 hour and 10 minutes, you know. For important worky-type computer work. Not watching YouTube or reading blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I had the same thing this week. A lovely vet came to visit as one of the pigs was sick. She was so competent, and qualified and marvellous...and 27. Arghhhh!!!

    My eldest, nearly 4, just dropped his daytime nap. I am distraught. Um, hello...I need those 2-3 hours (yup) of both boys asleep. GAH!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did pretty good to get to nearly 4 with a nap, though! My eldest never did do daytime sleep at all, so Samuel has been a complete revelation on that front. But he is not allowed to drop it yet at only 19 months. I need another year of it at least.
    Hope the pig is better. Not the flu by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete