Thursday 14 May 2009

Coming to a street near you?

During my girly weekend, there were lots of things that my friends brought me up to date on about life in England right now. I even learnt some new words (more on those later). And I realised that it is sometimes no wonder I feel like a foreigner when I am back "home".

One of the things they told me about was the Google Street View Car. I had never heard of it, but Nicki was able to show me her house... cool stuff, but a bit weird at the same time. We could see into her living room and almost pick out her coffee table. Good job I'm not some shifty criminal type staking out the houses that look like they have nice stuff in them.

Anyway, in a bit of a synchronicity moment, a few days after this conversation I actually followed the Google Car while taking Anna to school. So, I'm eagerly awaiting a street view of our street and then you can see if you can pick out our coffee table (but it will more likely be all the plastic toys that seem to accumulate everywhere these days).

No comments:

Post a Comment