Sunday 24 May 2009

The weekend

Highlights:
  • MIL's birthday brunch went down well - plenty of pancakes, strawberries, scrambled eggs, melon, and chocolate croissants for all. And Anna and Sam were both in good spirits. Anna set the table nicely and made 71st birthday card for Farmor.
  • Anna finished reading the 6th Harry Potter book and made a Firebolt (a Harry Potter inspired broomstick) and designated part of her room as a "Harry Potter room", complete with posters, and Quidditch banners
  • Anna & I picked flowers in the garden and both filled a couple of vases with lilac
  • And post arrived from England with survival items...proper teabags, Thorton's chocolate...

Lowlights
  • Sick sick sick..Aksel & I were both feeling under-the-weather with a flu-ey type cough/cold thing that just won't shift, zaps your energy, and makes you wish you could curl up with a hot drink, chocolate and a good film, with no-one bothering you for 90 minutes of uninterrupted relaxation (I must admit, we often feel like this at other times, even without the cold)
  • Sam spiking a 39,7 fever Saturday night and waking at 5.30 am this morning (thankfully went back to sleep again)... We are diagnosing post-MMR reaction (9 days ago he got the vaccination) and fingers crossed it has gone by tomorrow, but he was a ball of need and grumpiness today
  • I stubbed my toe so hard I saw stars and had to bite my lip not to swear all sorts of words that I hope I never say in front of my children. It is still hurting now but I can wiggle it so I guess it is not broken.
  • I accidentally trod on what I can only assume was a blood-filled-tick that had fallen off the cat. I heard a loud sp-la-at and looked down to see blood squished everywhere. Eeeugh! At least I had socks on.
  • And ...now the weekend is over already. I need another one to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment