Sunday 5 July 2009

Conversations


Anna: Mummy, what is your favourite thing made out of wood ?

Me: (cautiously, cos I can see where this is going - she is eying up a bit of dowling and Aksel's toolbox) Ummm, a rocking chair, I think.

Anna: Yes, Sam would like that too.... (drifts off to investigate the bit of wood, but evidently decides it is too small - phew!)

**

Anna: Mummy, how much do toilets cost?

Me: .. ? ? ?.. (turns out she is designing us a new house and saving up for it too. She has 76 DKK, so we might have to abandon the plan for the 6th bathroom and the indoor football arena...)

**
Anna: Daddy, it is not fair, you two are always talking about the Internet and Blogs and things you've read - and I don't know what you mean.

Aksel: Well, that's because we are adults and sometimes we are talking about things that children aren't interested in or don't understand yet.

Anna: But it is just not fair. (Stomp stomp. Humpf. Goes on for much longer....)

Aksel: (trying to be understanding) It is a bit like driving. You have to be able to reach the pedals before you can drive a car.

Anna: (exasperated) But my legs are long enough to have a blog!


And that is why I helped my seven year old create her very own blog today. And she wrote her first post, which describes this conversation much better than I can, but I won't link to it because she wants to be anonymous to start with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is delightful. I adore all these 'out of the mouths of babes' moments, so precious.

    Well, I look forward to Anna becoming a Blogger of Note! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thanks, we look forward to it too. Then we can retire on her blogging stardom (I did read somewhere that there are people making millions from their blogs alone). Good to have healthy ambitions for your kids, I think!

    ReplyDelete